- The information we collect about you
- How we use the information we collect
- Who we give your information to
- Control of your information
- Your access to your information and how long we keep it
- How we protect your information
- Where we store your information
- Links to other websites
- Information about our participation in Privacy Shield
- Public forums
- Payment processing
- California Resident Privacy Rights
- Information about enforcement and dispute resolution
- Contact us
1. Information You Provide to Us Directly
ITShare may collect different information from or about You depending on the manner in which You use the Services. The following examples are provided to help You better understand the information We may collect through Your use of the Services.
When You sign up for and use the Services (including through a Third Party Platform) We will collect any information You provide to Us directly such as the following:
In order to use certain features of the Services, such as registering for a Course, You are required to register for an Account, and in that case, We will collect and store any registration information You provided to Us, such as e-mail address, password, Your date of birth, and age, and we will assign You a unique identifying number (“Registration Information”).
You may also have the option of providing additional information about Yourself, including but not limited to a photo, headline, website link, social media profiles, or other information you may choose to enter (“Profile Information”) to create a profile (“Profile”). Your Profile and Profile Information will be publicly viewable to others.
Public Posting / Shared Content:
Some of the Services may allow You to interact with other Users and/or post, share, communicate or otherwise transmit content publicly, such as by posting comments in a Course page, sending messages to others, submitting testimonials or posting photos (collectively “Shared Content” or “Public Posting”). We may collect and store Public Postings and Shared Content. Shared Content or Public Postings may be publicly available or viewable by others depending on where such content is posted.
You hereby grant ITShare a non-exclusive right and license to reproduce, distribute, publicly perform, offer, market and otherwise use and exploit the Public Postings and Shared Content.
In the event that You are selected as “Learner of the Day” or “Learner of the Month”, You agree to Our publishing of your Registration Information (except for your email address), Profile Information, and Course Information as well as your response to the accolade for marketing purposes and/or via Our Services.
ITShare allows You to enroll in and take online Courses on a variety of topics which are taught by Publishers where, among other things, You will see reviews for Courses by others. We collect information relating to taking Courses, including, without limitation, topic, course and assessment completion activity and other items submitted to satisfy the Course requirements, (“Course Information”).
You hereby consent to Our sharing of Registration Information (except for your email address), Profile Information, and Course Information to Publishers. ITShare does not provide Students’ email addresses to Publishers. ITShare does not control how Publishers treat Registration Information, Profile Information, or Course Information and is not liable for Publishers’ use of such information.
If You make any purchases through our Services, such as for Certificates, We may collect certain information regarding Your purchase (such as Your name and address) as necessary to process Your order. You will be required to provide certain payment and billing information directly to our payment processing partners, including but not limited to Your name, credit card information, billing address and zip code. We do not access, store or collect Your credit card information.
Information Received Through Your Third Party Platform:
The Services may contain third party links or allow You to access the Services through Third Party Platforms, such as Facebook. If You use Our Services on or through a Third Party Platform, including via any any mobile and/or other Internet connected devices (“Wireless Devices”), or click on third party links, the collection, use, and disclosure of Your information and Your use of the Services will also be subject to the privacy policies and other terms of such third parties or Third Party Platforms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements.
By way of example only, We may collect some or all of the following information from Your Third Party Platform account when You register or use the Services on or through a Third Party Platform:
- Your full name
- Your profile picture or its URL
- Your ID Number, which is linked to publicly available information such as Your name and profile photo
- The login e-mail address
- Your physical location and that of Your access devices, including any Wireless Device
- Your gender
- Your birthday
- List of friends or contacts
You may choose not to allow the Third Party Platform to provide Us with certain information about You, but You might not be able to use certain features of Our Services if You enable such restrictions.
Communications, Support Requests, Potential Abuse:
If You contact Us for assistance, or to report a problem, concern, potential abuse or other issues regarding the Services, including before You have created an Account, We may collect and store Your contact information, communication, and/or other information about You, including but not limited to Your name, e-mail address, location, operating system, IP address, any other information You provide Us in the course of such communications, and/or other information that may be collected by automated means described herein.
2. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
Technical and Usage Data
When You access the Services, including browsing Our Courses, We collect certain information by automated means. This information may include without limitation:
- technical information about Your computer or Wireless Device, such as Your IP address, device type, operating system type and version, unique device ID, browser, browser language, domain and other systems information, platform types (collectively, “Technical Information”);
- usage statistics about Your interaction with the Services, including Courses accessed, time spent on pages or the Services, pages visited, search queries, click data, portions of the Services used, date and time, and other information regarding Your use of the Services (collectively, “Usage Data”).
This Technical Information and Usage Data, which may be linked to Your information, is collected through the use of server log files and tracking technologies, including:
- cookies, which are small files that websites send to Your computer or Wireless Device to uniquely identify Your browser or mobile device or to store information in Your browser setting;
- web beacons, which are small objects that allow Us to measure the actions of visitors using the Services.
3. Cookies and Data Collection Tools
- analyze the usage of our Services;
- provide a more personalized experience;
- allow You to more easily login to use our Services;
- help make Your use of Our Services more efficient and more valuable by providing You with a customized experience and recognizing You when You return.
We may also employ web beacons or other technology for a variety of reasons such as:
- allowing Us to know if a certain page was visited or whether an e-mail was opened;
- allowing Us to advertise more efficiently by excluding our current Users from certain promotional messages or identifying the source of a new installation.
3. How We Use the Information We Collect
ITShare may use the information We collect through Your use of the Services to:
- Provide, administer, and facilitate Your use of the Services, including to display customized content;
- Process or fulfill Your request(s) and/or order(s) for certificates, products, services, information or features;
- Communicate with You concerning Your Account by:
- Responding to Your questions or concerns;
- Emailing You information or providing in app messages about Your progress in Courses, rewards programs, new services, new features, promotions, newsletters, and other available Courses, which You can opt out of at any time;
- Sending push notifications to Your Wireless device to provide updates and other relevant messages. You can manage push notifications from the “options” or “settings” page for the mobile application.
- Understand and improve the Services and develop new products, services or features;
- Enable User-to- User communication and interaction;
- Manage Your Account preferences, establish Your Profile and Registration Information;
- Facilitate the technical functioning of the Services, including without limitation to troubleshoot and resolve issues, secure the Services; and prevent fraud and abuse;
- Respond to customer support questions and issues and resolve disputes;
- Create, review, analyze and share Technical Information;
- Analyze trends and User traffic, track purchases and usage information;
- Advertise our Services on third party websites or mobile applications;
- Market, process or fulfill Promotions administered or sponsored by ITShare;
- Solicit feedback from Users;
- As required or permitted by law;
- As We, in Our sole discretion, otherwise determine to be necessary or required to ensure the safety and/or integrity of Our Users, employees, third parties, members of the public, and/or our Services;
- Identify unique users across devices; or
- Tailor advertisements across devices.
4. When and How We May Share/Disclose Your Information with Third Parties
About You with the Publisher:
We may share Course Information, topic, course and assessment completion activity, and certain Registration Information (except for your email address) and Profile Information with Publishers of the Courses in which You enroll or for which You request information. We will not share Your email address with Publishers.
Third Party Business Partners, Service Providers, Contractors or Agents
We may share Your information with third party companies that perform services on Our behalf, including for payment processing, order fulfillment, data analysis, marketing services, advertising services (including but not limited to retargeted advertising), e-mail and hosting services, and customer services and support. An example of these third party companies includes, but is not limited to Stripe. These third party service providers may access Your personal information, and are required to use it solely as directed by Us for the purpose of Our requested service.
We may also share Your information with third party companies that we partner with to provide certain services to You in connection with the Services. Those partners’ collection and use of information is subject to their privacy policies and other terms. You should review such privacy policies, terms, and other agreements. We will share the personal data of those who sign up for email job alerts with the third party companies that provide these email job alerts on our behalf.
About You with other Users
As mentioned above your Profile Information may be publicly viewable, including to other Users.
Analytics and Data Enrichment Services
As discussed above, We use third-party analytics such as Google Analytics and Hotjar to help understand Your usage of our services and to improve our Service. We may provide Your contact information, Registration Information, Technical Information, Usage Data, or de-identified data or to data enrichment services to such third party analytics and data enrichment service providers, which match such information with publicly available database information, including contact and social information from other sources, such as Your email address, gender, company, job title, photos, website URLs, social network handles and physical addresses. We use this combined information to communicate with You in a more effective and customized manner.
Business Transfers, Sales, Mergers, or Divestitures
In the event that ITShare undergoes a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition, corporate divestiture or dissolution (including bankruptcy), or a sale of all or a portion of its assets, We may share, disclose or transfer all of Your information to the successor organization in such transition or during steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g., due diligence).
With Your Permission
Aggregate or De-identified Information
We may disclose or use aggregate or de-identified information for any purpose.
We may share Your information in connection with any Promotion You enter on or through the Services, as necessary to administer, market, sponsor, or fulfill the Promotion or as required by applicable laws, rules or regulations (for example, to provide winners’ lists or make required filings as appropriate) or in accordance with the applicable rules of the Promotion. We may share Your information with a third party assisting us in administering the Promotion.
5. How Do We Keep Your Information Secure?
ITShare takes appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to, or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of, data that You share and We collect and store. These measures vary based on the sensitivity of the data we collect and store. Unfortunately, however, no system can be 100% secured, and We cannot guarantee that communications between You and ITShare, the Services, or any information provided to Us in connection with the information We collect through the Services will be free from unauthorized access by third parties. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of User information at any time. Your password is an important component of Our security system. As such, it is Your responsibility to protect it. Do not share Your password with any third parties. If Your password has been compromised for any reason, You should change it immediately and contact email@example.com with any concerns.